TODD R. PITT
todd [at] toddpitt [dot] com | Contact
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Digital Strategist, Web Technologist and Management Consultant with a background in:
- Development of web 2.0, enterprise 2.0, social media strategies for organizations and businesses.
- Social media strategy, management, marketing, branding, e-learning / training, virtual and online course design.
- Community management and development, blogging, bookmarking, tagging, wiki gardening and structuring.
- Information technology, web design, portal administration, usability, metadata / SEO, print and web publications.
- Change management, knowledge management, business process engineering / re-engineering, process mapping.
- Theorizing and applying web 2.0 concepts, economic trends, industry research and quantitative analysis.
- Digital content development, production, manipulation, digital photography and graphics optimization.
- Creative thinking, ideation, technical innovation, research, analysis, problem solving and writing.
- Presentations, workshops, lectures and boot camps with interactive mind-maps or PowerPoint.
Proficient in: WordPress, Drupal, Wikis (Media Wiki/Confluence), Blogs, Microblogs, Social Bookmarking, Social Networking, Really Simple Syndication (RSS), Mind Mapping, iGrafx, HTML, SharePoint, MS Office XP, MS Digital Image Suite, Snagit, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Frontpage.
Familiar with: Mash ups (Composite Applications), Virtual Worlds (NVEs), Cloud Computing (SaaS), Semantic Web / RDF, Google Apps, XML, XHTML, CSS, JAVA, PHP, My SQL, IMIS Database, Flash, Swish.
Job Role: Chief Digital Strategist / Web Developer / Founder
Organization: Zero Strategist
Location: Portland, Oregon
Duration: December 2010–Current
Basically everything you can imagine and more. To see everything we are working on just go to Zero Strategist.com!
Job Role: Social Media Manager
Organization: MetroStar Systems
Location: Reston, Virginia
Duration: March 2009–August 2009
Social Media Strategy and Community Management
- Managed 3 people: marketing coordinator, social media community manager, and social media intern.
- Conceptualization, design and creation of innovative social media campaigns.
- Implemented holistic enterprise 2.0 / social media strategy.
- Coached and managed employees, mentored summer intern in web 2.0 technologies, concepts, best practices, applications and use cases.
- Advised executives on enterprise 2.0 strategy, community development, and user adoption risks.
- Contributed firm community best practices on effective ways to engage community members.
- Implemented higher security level standards, enforced across all social media campaigns.
- Created metrics reports and spreadsheets to analyze progress of web campaigns.
Risk Assessment and Identification
- Identified and mitigated branding, meme, metadata risks to social media campaigns.
Business Process Engineering and Mapping
- Created process maps (25 process steps) to improve social media business processes.
Blog Development and Management
- Created company’s multi-author blog “SUPERNOVA” and migrated old single-author blogs.
- Theme installation, customization and management (CSS, graphics, logos, RSS, web 2.0 icons).
- Setup RSS feed, connected aggregators and integrated social media services into the blog.
- Installed, upgraded and maintained WordPress, plugins and widgets.
- Installed Google Analytics, Feedburner (RSS), Bit.ly (links) and tracked social media metrics.
- Migrated old blog content as requested by users.
- Developed categories and tags structure.
- Managed user accounts and access.
- Created content, contributed blog posts and links, live blogging at industry events.
- Troubleshooting, comment approval and response.
Microblog Development and Management
- Created, managed, and administrated company enterprise microblogging network.
- Created, managed, and branded company twitter accounts.
- Developed microblog engagement strategies.
- Users contributed 500+ links on microblogging network.
- Managed and modified Facebook, LinkedIn and MySpace presences.
- Posted content, managed comments, groups, wall posts, profiles, fan pages.
- Utilized 3rd party applications to create contests.
- Assessed usability and design.
- Implemented and maintained social bookmarking strategy.
- Utilized social bookmarks to capture and to contribute significant content to the firm.
- Users contributed 550+ social bookmarks.
Marketing and Branding
- Provided social media subject matter expertise to create marketing materials and deliverables.
- Multiple roles in multiple campaigns both internal & external.
- Developed branding processes and centralized online presences.
- Identified smart social media branding tools to improve efficiency.
- Created community services ID spreadsheet for social media brand management.
- Created social media and marketing library.
Teaching, Training, e-Learning
- “Trained the trainer” mentoring and intensive social media bootcamps, curriculum co-development.
- Conducted numerous “Social Media Lunchboxes” for open training, coaching & mentoring on a variety of social media topics (i.e. blogging, live blogging, social bookmarking).
- Conducted on-demand social media training by creating and utilizing dynamic mind-maps to educate community members, leaders and gardeners prior to social media service deployment.
- Trained key staff on basic computer, online identity and password security best practices.
- Metadata development for company website, blog and mobile gaming application community website.
- Restructured and administered marketing SharePoint sub-portal to support internal (team) collaboration and external (client) facing initiatives.
- Developed enterprise 2.0 portal re-design requirements.
- Ongoing web 2.0 research for completion of tasks and campaigns.
- Conducted web assessments and community audits.
- Proposal writing for social media and change management.
- Blog Potomac 2
- Government 2.0 Camp
- FOSE 2009
- Cloud Camp Federal
- Web 2.0 and The Federal Government
- Wine 4 Change Management Happy Hour
Job Role: Senior Consultant and Web 2.0 Strategist
Organization: Booz Allen Hamilton
Location: McLean, Virginia
Duration: October 2007–January 2009
- New technology, social web advocate in the Booz Allen and Social Media communities.
- Aided in development of the first social media change management and communications plan for internal
- web 2.0 platform (i.e. communities, profiles, blogs, wikis, forums and bookmarks).
- Coached, managed, mentored employees and trained summer interns in web 2.0 technologies, concepts, best practices, applications and use cases.
- Community manager, prolific IC contributor, super-user, wiki editor (1800+ edits) and designer (wiki usability).
- Participated in web 2.0 and enterprise 2.0 summits, technology focus groups, lectures and presentations.
- Developed and led firm’s first virtual social media course, with a potential audience of 20,000 peers, conducted and led several of the live courses until other instructors were trained.
- Identified web 2.0 platform user adoption risks and made key recommendations to leadership to mitigate them.
- Conducted on demand web 2.0 training by creating and utilizing dynamic mind maps to educate community members, leaders and gardeners before platform was deployed.
- Advised principles on community development strategy initiative for unifying community members around a new firm-wide product service offering for clients.
- Top 5 Booz Blogger since the inception of web 2.0 platform (blogging, live blogging and live photo-blogging).
- Wrote firm community best practices on most effective ways to engage others when using the web 2.0 platform.
- Administered 5 SharePoint portals, 6 sub-portals to support internal (team) and external (client) facing initiatives.
- Presented client deliverables to multiple clients including RSS information flow strategy mind maps (500+ nodes) and PowerPoint presentations (100+ pages).
- Created and delivered process maps detailing (300+ process steps) to improve business processes for clients.
- Appointed as deputy on client change management project, interfacing directly with project leaders, work stream leads, team members and conducting multiple stakeholder interviews to gather critical organizational information.
- Created internal change management plan in order to improve to team cohesion, communication and efficiency.
- Co-created initial strategic organizational assessment and change readiness assessment for external client.
- Conducted industry best practices interviews and research to develop key recommendations to external client.
Job Role: Market Analyst (Light Duty Trucks)
Location: McLean, Virginia
Duration: December 2005–July 2007
- Created and managed the company’s first prototype wiki (NADA Wiki Alpha) in order to retain proprietary intellectual capital and extensively document publication work processes.
- Designed and maintained highly specialized web interfaces to strategically centralize both internal and external core workgroup tools.
- Identified, implemented and maintained emerging social media software to increase Editorial Staff productivity and research capabilities.
- Trained thirteen workgroup members on software and best practice methodologies to make daily work processes more efficient.
- Assisted marketing team in the development of new product names and reports for new integrated analytical software systems (Auto Vector).
- Represented the Guide Company at various industry and manufacturer meetings, trade-shows, new vehicle previews and auto auctions.
- Created market reflective vehicle and accessory valuations for Used Car Guide, Older Car Guide, and Retail Consumer Guide.
- Validated website and electronic product content.
- HIGH5 Award – Booz Allen Hamilton 2008: “For contributions to the social networking Change Management and Communications Plan”
- Award for Most Creative & Original IT Project – Innovations Information Technology 2004: “Plum Flowers Poem Generator (JAVA)” <http://media.gmu.edu/innovate>
- James Buchanan Award – Nobel Laureate Economics Essay Award (for Public Choice) 2004: “A Theory on the Evolution of Drug Cartels” <http://wac.gmu.edu/news/news.html>
- Student Service Award – Student Government Association 2001: “GMU Rant Website”
- Chairman’s Economics Essay Award – Walter Williams 2000: “Lifeguard Labor Shortages”
University: George Mason University
Degree: B.A. Economics
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Graduated: August 2004